We were encouraged to choose a binding fabric that would co-ordinate with our projects. It could either be taken from a bolt of fabric, giving a third colour option or be made from scraps. I chose to use a third fabric because then I have the scraps as I'm sure they'll come in useful at some point or other. Cutting out the binding was fine. Piecing the strips together went alright. I did learn that if a join was slightly uneven that if you trim it along the edge it is more sympathetic to the mistake. Hurrah for me.
The ironing is where things started to go wrong. How you might wonder. Well I managed to burn myself with the tip of the iron just under my cuticle on my index finger. Boo.
Burnt finger aside. Here's a few photos from the process:
|The bottom of my table mat with the binding pinned into place, plus the role of binding that I made.|
|Here's how the table mat looks on the top.|